Get Help

Where can I get help?

If you are concerned about your drinking or someone else try to get help. If it a friend or relative try to get them to see someone or use the helpline numbers and websites below.

School Nurse
The School nurses are based at Ottery St Mary Hospital they come to The King’s School regularly usually at lunchtimes.

GP surgery
Make an appointment to see a GP that you feel comfortable with even if they are not your usual GP. The closest practice to The King’s School is Coleridge Medical centre. You can ask to see any GP you want to even if they are not your normal GP.
There is also a Teenage advice clinic run by Lucy the practice nurse on Mondays from 4.30-6pm.
If you are not registered at Coleridge Medical Centre you can even register as a temporary resident if it is difficult to get to your usual GP.

Youth Centre: based at The Station they have trained counsellors who can give you support and advice.

People you know: Parents, friends, brothers, sisters and even friend’s parents or brothers and sisters.

EDP: Drug and alcohol young people service for 11-18 year olds and their parents and carers. Confidential service YES, George St, EXETER Tel 01392 683030.

Addaction: free advice and information:
59 Magdelen St, Exeter Tel 01392 255151

The King's School 2008