Bullying can mean many different things. These are some ways people have described bullying:
- Being called names
- Being teased
- Being pushed or pulled about
- Being hit or attacked
- Having your bag and other possessions taken and thrown around
- Having rumours spread about you
- Being ignored and left out
- Being forced to hand over money or possessions
- Being attacked or teased or called names because of your religion or colour
- Being attacked or teased or called names because of your sexuality
How does being bullied make you feel?
- Scared to go out or to go to school
- Worried so that you can’t concentrate on anything including schoolwork
- Wanting to play truant to avoid bullies at school
- It can make you feel that you are no good, that there is something wrong with you.
- Bullies can make you feel that it’s your fault.